Public LaunchStar® Workshops
Since 2009, the only way a company could apply LaunchStar® B2B product launch methodology was by hosting an in-house workshop. Now you can attend a public workshop taught by its developer, Dan Adams, and The AIM Institute staff.
LaunchStar is the most advanced B2B launch discipline available today. It systematically helps your product launch teams plan who to tell (market), what to tell (message), and how to tell (media)… letting you capture the full value of your new product investment. Download LaunchStar Workshop Overview.
Come two days earlier for the Blueprinting front-end of B2B innovation workshop in October!
Who should attend?
This workshop is ideal for marketing and product management professionals. But the best launches come from multi-functional teams where these functions also play a key role…
- Technical… to develop product descriptions/specifications
- Sales… to bridge the all-to-common gap with the sales force
- Operations… to scale-up production in an efficient, timely manner
- Marcomm… to coordinate promotions, often with external agencies
What will you take home?
You’ll receive everything that in-house client workshop learners receive:
- One-year license for cloud-enabled LaunchStar 3.0*
- One-year access to 7 e-learning modules
- Operations… to scale-up production in an efficient, timely manner
- LaunchStar log (with classroom slides)
With these materials ($720 value) you can plan complete product launches, using up to five key LaunchStar software-generated reports:
- Launch Plan (executive summary)
- Prospect Profile (WHO to tell)
- Message Brief (WHAT to tell)
- Media Guide (HOW to tell)
- Launch Results (post launch tracking)
*A software license costs $30/month after year 1
What practical skills will you gain?
LaunchStar software (See video) contains 25 tools and several project management aids. You will learn how to do all of the following—and keep all your records in a single cloud-based project file where your entire team can collaborate:
- Create a bullet-proof 2-page Executive Summary justifying your launch
- Develop a Prospect Profile that communicates your targets to agencies and sales
- Deploy an online 2-Question Launch Survey so you don’t waste your promotion budget
- Optimize a strong value proposition that your launch will revolve around
- Develop your Message Brief that will drive your copy in all launch media
- Answer key positioning questions based on proven positioning principles
- Manage all aspects of production startup and internal record-keeping
- Plan and justify pricing of your new offering
- Use the Media Strategy Matrix to select the best media for your target market
- Learn over 140 current tips for 18 media… 9 traditional and 9 online
- Choose from 25 sales tools and learn the common use for each
- Plan comprehensive training for your sales force and others
- Organize team tasks with a Gantt chart… configurable for the size of your launch
- Utilize the Agency Screening Tool to select external vendors for different tasks
- Develop a detailed launch budget and use this to track spending
- Create a lead scoring & nurturing plan for transferring leads from marketing to sales
- Move prospects along the buying cycle using the “offers” you plan for them
- Monitor sales results & other key metrics
LaunchStar: the team’s roadmap
LaunchStar software (See video) provides your team with a thorough launch roadmap. Just click the 5 sequential steps (Product, Market, Message, Media & Results) to use up to 25 tools… so your team won’t overlook critical tasks.
Each tool has powerful capabilities… many found nowhere else. Example: The Launch Survey tool lets you conduct a simple two-question online survey to learn about prospect decision-makers: who they are and where they go to learn about new products like yours (trade shows?… online searching?… other media?).
Beyond these tools, LaunchStar software provides everything else you need… a planning Gantt chart, budgeting tools, document sharing, etc. You can even configure this software to your company’s product development process and terminology… or plan global launches with regional sub-launches.
LaunchStar: embedded learning
Many B2B professionals only launch new products sporadically, and may not remember or keep up-to-date with best practices. We’ve embedded advanced training within this software so teams can refresh and build their skills long after the workshop.
Example: Your team isn’t sure how to promote its product. Should it invest in trade shows… news releases… webinars… strong sales tools? First, LaunchStar helps your team select from 9 traditional and 9 online media, based on the unique characteristics of its target market.
Then, the software describes typical usage, fit and timing for each of the 18 media. Finally, your team can explore each medium to understand 8 current winning practices. Tools like this help your launch teams move far beyond the lukewarm “product releases” your competitors may be stuck on.
How does this fit with New Product Blueprinting?
This training works well even if you have never used New Product Blueprinting… and fits seamlessly if you have. Of course, the success of any product launch is largely based on how well you understood customer needs in the front-end of innovation… a stumbling block for many B2B companies. You may wish to consider the two-day New Product Blueprinting public workshop that immediately precedes this LaunchStar workshop (same location).
How can I “look closer” before registering?
Download our e-book, 12 New Rules of B2B Product Launch. This 26-page e-book will help you understand how the LaunchStar methodology is optimized for B2B businesses like yours.
Check out 4-minute video excerpts from the 7 e-learning modules, at LaunchStar e-learning.
Contact us to request the 5 reports generated by LaunchStar and we'll be happy to send them to you.
Set up a free consultation to learn more and “take a tour” of software, e-learning, etc.
Yes! There are discounts available based on how early you sign up. The workshop registration (including software & e-learning) is only $1495… and early-bird discounts are available until about a month prior to the workshop. If still available, you'll be given the discounted price automatically on the registration page. Please be advised that the maximum attendance at our workshops is 25—so you may want to register early for more reasons than just the discount!
All upcoming workshops
Other upcoming workshops:
(Registration will open about 6 months prior to the event.)
Site of October 2018 Public Workshop - Atlanta, GA - Georgia Tech Global Learning Center
1. Come two days earlier for the Blueprinting front-end of B2B innovation workshop at the same location!